Tuesday, March 15, 2011
There’s several ingredients in your kitchen that you can choose from. Here’s a small list of suggestions to get you started.
• Beet juice will give you a lovely shade of magenta. You can juice a raw beet or drain the liquid from a can of beets.
• Turmeric gives a golden yellow color to your eggs.
• Chlorophyll drops (which can be purchased at any health food store) will turn the eggs a deep shade of forest green. You can also juice any green leafy vegetable and achieve a similar result. Experiment to get the shade of green you want.
• Carrot juice will give a pale peach color
• Coffee will produce a soft brown color
• Blueberry juice will give a violet color
Adding vinegar to these colors and bringing the mixture to a boil will help the colors adhere to the eggs better. The longer the eggs sit in the color mixture the bolder the color will be. Remember, that these colors will not be a vivid as those of the store bought food colorings, but hey Ostara is all about the pastels anyway. Happy Coloring!
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
- Red usually deals with romance, sex magick, and passion.
- Green is luck, money and finances.
- White is for purifying and blessings. I use this color to substitute for any color I’m lacking also.
- Black is banishing, protection and reversal of bad fortune
- Blue is for peace, tranquility and calming a situation.
- Orange is for attracting energy your way.
- Yellow is for communication.
- Purple is for connecting with the divine
- Lavender is for divination.
Those are just a few of the colors, but combined with the correct candle you’re on your way to making some powerful magick.
Cross candles. Although older than Christianity, those with a Christian or catholic background find these candles easy to work with. I have found that these candles are good for working with and calling on the angels. It’s the candle of sustainability. They will keep a situation flowing. Use green for continuous money flow, red for continuous love, blue for peace, etc.
Coiled Snake candle. Although commonly used to break things apart and cause destruction, this candle can also be used to call upon the kundalini energy to rise. On the flip side this is an excellent candle to use to break apart relationships.