Monday, February 13, 2012

Almost Springtime!


As we approach the midpoint of February there is a little bit of Spring anticipation in the air.  With the first of the Spring Sabbats having already passed (and do I hope everyone had a blessed Imbolc/Candlemas), you can definitely feel the gentle stirrings of Mother Nature as she begins to wake.  This year so far in the South as well as in other parts of the US we have had a very mild winter.  The Temperatures here in Tennessee stayed in the high 50’s to low 60’s for about 3 weeks which was awesome.  Unfortunately there has also been the blooming of many early spring bulbs including Daffodils.  With that being said we are facing a cold front that will be moving in this week.  Hopefully this cold front doesn’t destroy all of the pretty flowers that are springing up.  But with all of the beautiful weather for the past few weeks I am in full on Springtime mode.   And what do I like to do best in the Spring?  Gardening!  Yes.  Realizing it is too early to start my garden or even my seedlings at this point, I have decided that now is the perfect time to plan the layout of my garden as well as check up on my seed stores.  This year I plan on making my garden bigger.  In addition to the usual single garden row along my fence line, I want to make a second row of raised beds in front of that one with walking space between the two of course.  So, planning that out will be my first task.  I will be taking before and after pictures to post up on here as well as a video.  Look for that in the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment