Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Altar/School Room


So I can hardly believe it’s time for school again.  Where did the summer go?  It seems like literally yesterday that I was out tilling the garden and getting ready to plant our first seedlings in anticipation of a warm spring.  But with the turning of the wheel another season has come and gone, and we are excited to start this new school year.  My baby girl will be entering the 5th grade this year and so it is an exciting time for her.  She is officially a “tween” and a “middle schooler” as she so constantly reminds me now.  This is a time of transition for her and I look forward to seeing her make this next step.
Now 5th grade will also test me.  Am I smarter than a 5th grader??  Let’s hope so, LOL.  Time and tutors will tell.  I’ve heard other homeschooling parents say that 5th grade was their hardest grade.  We are a week into the new school year and I have to say so far so good.  I will however supplement her curriculum with Khan Academy.  Every little bit helps.
I have for some time now been meaning to upload a video or pictures to show what our school room looks like.  Several people have asked for such.  Just as many if not more have inquired about what my altar/ witchy room looks like.  Well, these rooms are one and the same.  I teach out of my witchy room.  Since I have a working altar in there it really comes in handy as a teaching tool when I am explaining the craft to her and we are covering metaphysics.  I have one side dedicated to the school room and the other side of the room for all things “craft”.  She loves it and so do I. 


No comments:

Post a Comment