Thursday, June 3, 2010

Garden Update

It's been a while since I have last blogged.  As some of you may know, Tennessee where I am from experienced a record breaking flood which started on May 1st.  Our rivers, creeks and streams were inundated with three days of heavy rains. This May Day flood was devastating and the people of this great state are still recovering.  I was fortunate in that my primary residence did not suffer any damage.  My garden however was affected by this heavy downpour. 
Some of the plants and seeds were washed away such as my carrot seeds, but for the most part the garden was spared. The heavy rains saturated the grounds for such a long time that I was afraid the plants would suffer from root rot, but that didn't happen. The plants in the garden, particularly the tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers are thriving and flourishing thanks to the extra water. I will be posting an update video at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment