Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ready To Plant

Okay, so it was another hot spring day (85 degrees) in Nashville today. It was however the perfect day to do school with my daughter on our back deck. The joys and flexibility of homeschooling! The deck overlooks our vegetable garden, so while she worked away at her school books the hubby and I planned out this year’s garden. We were thinking of scaling back on the planting this year because we had so many crops last year, but I think we’ll end up going all out again this year. It’s all just so much fun to share our abundance with family and friends.

We will till the area sometime this week and plant around the 20th or 21st. It’s a chore because our soil has a lot of clay in it. Great for detoxing the body through the hands and feet as we work in the garden, but not good for the plants. So we’ll have to work on that. I actually can’t wait to get my hands in the soil and bask in Gaia’s glory.

The garden runs the length of our property along the fence which has the perfect amount of sun and shade throughout the day. As we plant I’ll post more pics. Happy gardening everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment